Interested in the Atrium Health Loan Forgiveness Program? Learn about all the details and frequently asked questions and see if the program is right for you.
Details of Loan Forgiveness
- The student must work as the healthcare provider for which they have been educated in a qualifying program at Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
- Student must accept full time (standard 32 hours per week) employment with an eligible Atrium Health facility
- Full-time (standard 32 hours per week) employment must begin within 6 months of graduation. There is no guarantee/promise of employment
- Graduate/employee must remain in good standing (satisfactory work performance) for a period of time equal to that for which monies were advanced (one year of service for every $5,000 borrowed)
- Loan is interest free if full time employment is started within 6 months of graduation
- Students who fail to complete their academic program and/or who do not complete the service requirement are responsible for repayment of the loan and Interest
At the time of forgiveness (pay period), the amount forgiven is considered taxable income.
Atrium Health Forgivable Loan FAQs
For students committed to working in critical need positions at an eligible Atrium Health location after graduation. Loan forgiveness may be available at the discretion of Atrium Health. Available for the following academic programs: Medical Assisting Diploma, Medical Assisting Associate Degree, Surgical Technology Associate Degree, Nursing (ADN, RN-BSN), Accelerated BSN, and Traditional BSN.
The RN-BSN program is only eligible for Atrium Health nursing teammates or graduates of Cabarrus College or Carolinas College.