Imaging professionals who seek career growth or advanced skills education look to Cabarrus College for flexible programs to meet their needs. We offer a bachelor’s degree completion program for imaging professionals with a diploma or associate degree. For those who want to specialize without pursuing a bachelor’s degree, we offer advanced specialty certificates in MRI and CT. Whatever path you choose, you’ll graduate fully prepared to advance in medical imaging as a multi-modality technologist, supervisor or imaging educator.
- 100% pass rate on MRI and CT certification exams
- Credit awarded for work/life experience
- Enroll full-time or part-time
- Online and hybrid (online and on-campus) options, including some evening classes
- Start in fall or spring
- 100% of graduates are employed within six months of graduation
Students who graduate with a bachelor’s degree in Medical Imaging will be able to:
- Expand the knowledge of clinical skills to increase clinical competence in imaging modalities.
- Demonstrate leadership skills necessary for advancement in the medical imaging field.
- Practice patient-centered care in all imaging modalities.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills (oral and written) for communicating with patients, staff, and other healthcare providers.
- Demonstrate medical legal and ethical behaviors through ethical practice in the healthcare setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt in the ever-changing healthcare field by using critical thinking skills.
- Identify quality measures related to high-quality medical imaging.
Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging
- Two years: 100% online
- Core courses include imaging informatics, pharmacology, advanced patient care and healthcare leadership
- Elective tracks allow students to select a focus, with options including advanced imaging credentials, leadership, clinical education or biology/pre-med
- An internship capstone course allows the student to work alongside a preceptor in healthcare management or education to explore leadership roles in Medical Imaging
- Advanced Specialty Certificate – MRI (Two semesters)
- Advanced Specialty Certificate – CT (Six months to one year)