We respect the commitment our service men and women have made to our country and thank you for your service. We welcome you to Cabarrus College of Health Sciences and look forward to helping you obtain your healthcare degree.

Cabarrus College encourages all Service members to coordinate with your Education Advisor, ESO or Installation Education Office to receive approval before enrolling in courses at Cabarrus College of Health Sciences.

If you would like us to certify your enrollment to VA, please submit the following items

  • Your certificate of eligibility from VA. If you do not have this please print off your application from VONAPP.
  • Copies of all transcripts (high school diploma, military, and college transcripts). Let us know if you have already provided these to the Admissions department. If so, we will access your admission file and the registrar will review your documents. This must be done prior to certifying your enrollment.

Enrollment certifications are completed after the end of the drop/add period as long as all required documents have been received.

Academic programs at Cabarrus College of Health Sciences must be approved by VA for students to be eligible to receive VA benefits while enrolled. There can be a delay in receiving program approvals from VA. Please check with the VA certifying agent to find out if the program you would like to enroll in is an approved program with VA.

Montgomery GI bill benefits and Chapter 35

Dependents Educational Assistance funds are paid directly to you so you will be required to pay all tuition, fees and books out of pocket.

The Chapter 33/ Post 9-11 GI Bill pays tuition and fees directly to the school. Once the certificate of eligibility is received by us, we will notify the business office of the pending benefits.

Keep in mind that VA will only pay for courses that are required for graduation as defined by your curriculum and as published in the catalog/bulletin. VA will not pay for non-degree or additional courses.

Starting in the 2021 - 2022 school year, Post-9/11 GI Bill students who receive Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) and/or kicker payments are required to verify their enrollment to continue receiving their payments.

It is the student's responsibility to advise the certifying agent at the beginning of each semester about their schedule. In addition, it is the student's responsibility to notify the certifying agent of any change in the student's status, such as dropping or adding courses or withdrawal from the school after a semester or term has started. When a student using the Post 9/11 GI Bill drops a class (or stops attending) after the enrollment certification is submitted to VA, the student is responsible for any overpayment by VA. It is ultimately YOUR responsibility to report any change in status. Failure to comply with these requirements could result in an overpayment, a lapse in payment, or a reduction in your benefits.