A rewarding career – helping people with health challenges live life to its fullest – can be yours in just two years with an Occupational Therapy Assistant degree from Cabarrus College. If you aspire to advance to the next level and become an occupational therapist, we also offer a master’s degree, including a unique bridge program enabling OTAs to get a bachelor’s degree and transition directly into our Master of Occupational Therapy program.
- Two-year associate degree
- In as little as two years, you can be working as an OTA
- 100% pass rate on certification exam in 2021 and 2022
- Student-centered instruction in small classes
- Hands-on clinical experience – every week – allows you to practice skills you learn in class right away
- Excellent opportunities to network with practicing OT professionals during clinical fieldwork
- Flexible: enroll full-time or part-time
- Start in fall semester only
- A portion of the OTA program is offered in a hybrid format (combination of online and on campus)
Students who graduate with an associate degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant will become:
- Highly skilled entry-level generalist clinicians
- Ethical leaders
- Effective communicators
- Professional lifelong learners
- Dedicated advocates for clients and the profession.
Student Graduate & Certification Data
GRADUATION RATE: The total number of students who graduated from a program within 150% of the published length of the program, divided by the number of students on the roster who started in the program. The total number of graduates from Cabarrus College of Occupational Therapy Assistant program during the 3-year period of 2020-2022 was 84 with an overall graduation rate of 84%.
|Graduation Year||# Students Entering||# Students Graduating||Graduation Rate|
|3 year total||100||84||84%|
Graduates are not required to take the certification examination within the year that they graduate. Program results from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) can be found online at https://www.nbcot.org/Educators-Folder/SchoolPerformance.