Now, more than ever, front-line nurses need steady, decisive leaders. Shape the future of nursing and elevate your nursing career with our online Master of Science in Nursing. We offer two tracks: Leadership and Clinical Research, preparing you for advanced roles in a wide array of healthcare settings.
Applicants must be registered nurses who have earned a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). We encourage interested nurses without a BSN to apply to our RN-to-BSN program.
- Affordable: Highly competitive price per credit hour – and only 30 credits – mean you can get your master’s degree without breaking the bank
- Perfect for working nurses who want to advance their careers
- 100% online classes, plus a practicum experience
- Leadership track provides in-demand leadership skills in lean principles, workplace mental health and population health, including a practicum experience
- Clinical Research track prepares nurses to drive innovations in patient care and treatment and includes a practicum experience
- Flexible to help maintain work/life balance; full- and part-time options
- North Carolina Forgivable Education Loans for Service available
- Fast-track application process for Atrium Health teammates and alumni of Atrium Health-affiliated colleges; NO application fee, essay or references required
- Provides the foundation for a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) or PhD
- Start in fall or spring
Themes of the MSN include the discovery of self, transformation in others, and innovation in systems.
- The mission of the Louise Harkey School of Nursing is to cultivate competent, caring nurse professionals through exemplary education and the promotion of lifelong learning.
- To educate and prepare nurses for leadership roles in nursing and clinical research
- To provide multiple pathways for nurses to obtain master's level education.