Before you get started, we recommend that you attend a virtual information session, campus visit day or schedule a private one-on-one meeting with an admissions coordinator. This is not an admission requirement but is strongly recommended as the best way to learn about Cabarrus College and our academic programs.
For admission into the Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences program, applicants must meet the general college admission requirements found in the Catalog and submit:
- Official transcript showing evidence of successful completion of the following high school or college level courses with a grade of “C” (2.0) or higher:
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- Standardized test scores on the SAT or ACT:
- Minimum SAT critical reading score of 480 and minimum SAT math score of 440
- Minimum ACT composite score of 21
- *SAT/ACT scores waived for those with an associate or bachelor's degree earned in the U.S.
- Two (2) Professional References on college reference form from an immediate supervisor, teacher or professor.
We accept applications on a rolling basis until programs are full, with priority given to applications received by:
- January 1: for fall enrollment.
- October 1: for spring enrollment.
Please be aware that only complete applications will be processed. The instructions below will help you to submit a complete application.
- Apply - Apply online. Within the online application, two essays will need to be completed:
One essay should provide a clear and concise explanation of your interest in Cabarrus College, and your career in healthcare. The other essay will assess your level of critical thinking.
Nonrefundable Application Fee: $50
- Send your transcripts - To complete your admission file, we require official transcripts from all colleges you have previously attended.
Official transcripts can be sent via mail or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTN: Office of Admissions
Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
401 Medical Park Drive
Concord, NC 28025
- Send official documentation - Send official documentation of standardized test scores (SAT or ACT) to email@example.com. Minimum requirements: SAT - 480 Reading, 440 Math; ACT - 21 composite.
- Submit two professional references - Submit two professional references using the reference form, from two persons who can attest to the applicant's professional or academic ability. One must be from either a current supervisor or a prior faculty member.
Forms can be sent to us via mail (401 Medical Park Drive, Concord, NC 28025), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (704-403-2077).
- Log in to view your application status - Please allow 48 hours for your application to be processed. Once the application has been processed by the admissions team, the applicant will receive a welcome email. This will instruct the applicant on how to log into the applicant portal to review the application status and checklist for admissions.