Before you get started, we recommend that you attend a virtual information session, campus visit day or schedule a private one-on-one meeting with an admissions coordinator. This is not an admission requirement but is strongly recommended as the best way to learn about Cabarrus College and our academic programs.
For admission into the Associate in Science Degree program, applicants must meet the general college admissions requirements found in the Catalog and also submit:
- Official transcript showing evidence of successful completion of the following high school or college level courses with a grade of “C” (2.0) or higher:
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- Standardized test scores:
- Minimum SAT critical reading score of 430/ Math score of 380
- Minimum ACT composite score of 18
- *SAT/ACT scores waived for those with an associate or bachelor's degree earned in the U.S.
- Two (2) Professional References on college reference form
Pre-Nursing Track - Admissions
For admission into the Pre-Nursing (AS-PN) program, applicants must meet the general college admission requirements found in the Catalog and submit:
- The Pre-Nursing track is designed to spread the major courses over a longer period to promote successful completion. The curriculum plan includes 2 semesters (excludes summer sessions) of general coursework.
- Students admitted to the Pre-Nursing track will be guaranteed a space in the Associate Degree Nursing program at Cabarrus College on a space available basis after the following conditions have been met:
- All courses in the Pre-Nursing track have been completed by prior transfer credit (for applicable courses) or by completion at Cabarrus College. BIO 100, BIO 210, and BIO 220 must be completed at Cabarrus College (transfer credit is not accepted) with a grade of “87” or higher on the first attempt
- A cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher achieved for all courses taken at Cabarrus College
- Evidence of completion of a state approved Nurse Aide I course within the last 14 months or be on the current N.C. NA I registry prior to enrolling in the first nursing course. A list of state approved programs is available at www.ncnar.org
- Successful completion of BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Students who are not accepted into the Associate Degree Nursing Program at the completion of the Pre-Nursing track may change to the Life Sciences Track to complete an Associate in Science Degree or request to change their major to another associate degree program at Cabarrus College.
- Your application will not be reviewed until all application requirements have been received.
- Science courses must have been taken within the past five years to qualify for transfer credit.
We accept applications on a rolling basis until programs are full, with priority given to applications received by:
- January 1: for fall enrollment.
- October 1: for spring enrollment.
North Carolina Forgivable Education Loans for Service (FELS)
For students who are North Carolina residents and committed to working in critical employment shortage professions in North Carolina.
- Full-time students eligible for $3,000 to $10,000 loan, depending on program.
- Learn more: cfnc.org/FELS
Please be aware that only complete applications will be processed. The instructions below will help you to submit a complete application.
- Apply - Apply online at cabarruscollege.edu/admissions. Within the online application, two essays will need to be completed: One should provide a clear and concise explanation of your interest in Cabarrus College and your career in healthcare, and one should assess your level of critical thinking.
Nonrefundable Application Fee: $50
Send your transcripts and standardized test scores -To complete your admission file, we require official transcripts from all high schools and colleges you have previously attended, as well as standardized test scores. Official transcripts and test scores can be sent via mail or electronically to email@example.com.
ATTN: Office of Admissions
Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
401 Medical Park Drive
Concord, NC 28025
Submit 2 professional references - Submit two professional references using the reference form.
Forms can be sent to us via mail, email or fax.
Log in to view your application status - Please allow 48 hours for your application to be processed. Once the application has been processed by the admissions team, the applicant will receive a welcome email. This will instruct you on how to log into the applicant portal to review the application status and checklist for admissions.