Before you get started, we recommend that you attend a virtual information session, campus visit day or schedule a private one-on-one meeting with an admissions coordinator. This is not an admission requirement but is strongly recommended as the best way to learn about Cabarrus College and our academic programs.
For admission into the Master of Science in Health Sciences program (*accreditation pending designation), applicants must meet the general college admission requirements found in the Catalog and also submit:
- Official transcripts from all schools attended (excluding high school), showing completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited program.
- Evidence of a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in all post-secondary coursework.
- Healthcare experience or certification.
- Two (2) professional references on the college Reference Form.
We accept applications on a rolling basis until programs are full, with priority given to applications received by:
- January 1: for fall enrollment.
- October 1: for spring enrollment.
Applicants who are current Atrium Health employees are eligible to submit a Fast Track Application to the Admissions Office at Cabarrus College.
As a distance education program, it is important for applicants to understand the requirements and characteristics of a successful online student, necessary computer skills, and technology requirements. Therefore, applicants should review the information available under Distance Education in the College catalog and/or website and complete the Online Readiness Assessment available on the website to insure readiness.
Please be aware that only complete applications will be processed. The instructions below will help you to submit a complete application.
- Apply - Apply online. Within the online application, two essays will need to be completed:
One essay should provide a clear and concise explanation of your interest in Cabarrus College, and your career in healthcare. The other essay will assess your level of critical thinking.
Nonrefundable Application Fee: $50
If you are an Atrium Health teammate or a graduate of Cabarrus College or Carolinas College, fill out our Fast Track Application (NO application fee, NO essay, NO references). Choose "Fast Track Application" from the drop-down menu. Enter FASTTRACK to waive the application fee.
- Send your transcripts - To complete your admission file, we require official transcripts from all colleges you have previously attended.
Official transcripts can be sent via mail or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTN: Office of Admissions
Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
401 Medical Park Drive
Concord, NC 28025
- Send official documentation - Send official documentation of standardized test scores (SAT or ACT) to email@example.com. Minimum requirements: SAT - 480 Reading, 440 Math; ACT - 21 composite.
- Submit two professional references - Submit two professional references using the reference form, from two persons who can attest to the applicant's professional or academic ability. One must be from either a current supervisor or a prior faculty member.
Forms can be sent to us via mail (401 Medical Park Drive, Concord, NC 28025), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (704-403-2077).
- Log in to view your application status - Please allow 48 hours for your application to be processed. Once the application has been processed by the admissions team, the applicant will receive a welcome email. This will instruct the applicant on how to log into the applicant portal to review the application status and checklist for admissions.