Before you get started, we recommend that you attend a virtual information session, campus visit day or schedule a private one-on-one meeting with an admissions coordinator. This is not an admission requirement but is strongly recommended as the best way to learn about Cabarrus College and our academic programs.
For admission into the Occupational Therapy Assistant Associate of Science Degree program, applicants must meet the general college admissions requirements which include application, application fee, SAT/ACT scores and submit the following:
- Official transcript showing evidence of successful completion of the following high school or college level courses with a minimum grade of “C” (2.0) or higher:
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- Standardized test scores:
- Minimum SAT critical reading score of 430/Math score of 380
- Minimum ACT composite score of 18
- Two (2) professional references on the college reference form.
- If you have been enrolled in another Occupational Therapy Assistant program within the last five years, one reference must be from a program official or faculty member at the institution attended
- Complete 3 essays and review the following video aids. Completing the essays will put you one step closer to being reviewed for admission into the program. Applicants will be scored on quality of writing, critical thinking, and an understanding and passion for the Occupational Therapy Assistant profession.
- Video Aids
- Career Overview
- Occupational Therapy Settings
- Essay Writing Prompts (Please complete all 3 essays during the online application).
- Reflect on the different settings within the Occupational Therapy profession. Which setting appeals to you the most and why?
- Many OTA clients often feel physically, mentally, or emotionally powerless. In 300 words or less, describe a time you may have felt powerless. What did you do to overcome the feeling of powerlessness and what did you learn from the situation?
- List 2-3 ADLs (Activities of Daily Living) that you perform on a daily basis (ex. eating, dressing, taking a bath, etc.). In 300-500 words, please explain how you would adapt if you could no longer perform these ADLs.
- Video Aids
We accept applications on a rolling basis until programs are full. Priority is given to applications received by February 1 for fall semester.
Please be aware that only complete applications will be processed.
Apply - Apply online. Within the online application, complete three essays as noted above under Application Requirements.
Nonrefundable Application Fee: $50
Send your transcripts and test scores - To complete your admission file, we require official transcripts from all high schools and colleges you have previously attended, as well as your standardized test scores.
Official transcripts and SAT/ACT test scores can be sent via mail or electronically to email@example.com.
Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
Attn: Office of Admissions
401 Medical Park Drive
Concord, NC 28025
Submit 2 professional references - Submit two professional references using the reference form. Forms can be sent to us via mail, email or fax.
Log in to view the application status - Please allow 48 hours for your application to be processed. Once the application has been processed by the admissions team, the applicant will receive a welcome email. This will instruct you on how to log into the applicant portal to review application status and checklist for admissions.