Before you get started, we recommend that you attend a virtual information session, campus visit day or schedule a private one-on-one meeting with an admissions coordinator. This is not an admission requirement but is strongly recommended as the best way to learn about Cabarrus College and our academic programs.
For admission into the Surgical Technology Associate Degree program, applicants must meet the general college admissions requirements which include application, application fee, SAT/ACT scores, and also submit:
- Official transcript showing evidence of successful completion of the following high school or college level courses with a grade of “C” (2.0) or higher:
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- Standardized test scores:
- Minimum SAT critical reading score of 430 / Math score of 380
- Minimum ACT composite score of 18
- *SAT/ACT scores waived for those with an associate or bachelor's degree earned in the U.S.
- Two (2) Professional References on college Reference Form
- If you have been enrolled in another Surgical Technology program within the last five years, one reference must be from a program official at the institution attended.
We accept applications on a rolling basis until programs are full, with priority given to applications received by:
- January 1: for fall enrollment.
Apply - Apply online. Within the online application, two essays will need to be completed: One should provide a clear and concise explanation of your interest in Cabarrus College and your career in healthcare, and one should assess your level of critical thinking.
Nonrefundable Application Fee: $50
Send your transcripts and standardized test scores - To complete your admission file, we require official transcripts from all high schools and colleges you have previously attended, as well as standardized test scores.
Official transcripts and test scores can be sent via mail or electronically to email@example.com
Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
Attn: Office of Admissions
401 Medical Park Drive
Concord, NC 28025
Submit 2 professional references - Submit two professional references using the reference form. Forms can be sent to us via mail, email or fax.
Log in to view the application status - Please allow 48 hours for your application to be processed. Once the application has been processed by the admissions team, the applicant will receive a welcome email. This will instruct you on how to log into the applicant portal to review the application status and checklist for admissions.