Before you get started, we recommend that you attend a virtual information session, campus visit day or schedule a private one-on-one meeting with an admissions coordinator. This is not an admission requirement but is strongly recommended as the best way to learn about Cabarrus College and our academic programs.
For admission into the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program, applicants must meet the general college admission requirements found in the Catalog and submit:
- Official transcript from an accredited institution documenting a bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Official transcript from all post-secondary institutions attended demonstrating: * Grade of C or better in Math (Algebra or Statistics), Psychology (Growth & Development), Nutrition, and a Humanities/Fine Arts elective. * Grade of B- or higher in Anatomy & Physiology I with a lab, Anatomy & Physiology II with a lab, and Microbiology with a lab - all completed within the last five years.
- Two (2) Professional References on college Reference Form from an immediate supervisor, teacher or professor.
- Evidence of completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide I course within the last 14 months; or be on the current North Carolina NA-I registry prior to beginning the first nursing course. View a list of state-approved programs.
We accept applications on a rolling basis until programs are full, with priority given to applications received by:
- January 1: for fall enrollment.
- October 1: for spring enrollment.
Atrium Health Educational Loan Forgiveness Program
For students committed to working in critical need positions at Atrium Health after graduation. Loan forgiveness may be available at the discretion of Atrium Health.
- Up to $10,000 loans available.
- Learn more at FinancialAid@CabarrusCollege.edu or 704-403-3507
North Carolina Forgivable Education Loans for Service (FELS)
For students who are North Carolina residents and committed to working in critical employment shortage professions in North Carolina.
- Full-time students eligible for $3,000 to $7,000 loan, depending on level in the program.
- Learn more: cfnc.org/FELS
Please be aware that only completed applications will be processed. The instructions below will help you to submit a completed application.
- Apply - Apply online Within the online application, two essays will need to be completed. One essay should provide a clear and concise explanation of your interest in Cabarrus College and your career in healthcare, and one should assess your level of critical thinking.
Nonrefundable Application Fee: $50
- Send your transcripts - To complete your admission file, we require official transcripts from all colleges you have previously attended.
Official transcripts can be sent via mail or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATTN: Office of Admissions
Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
401 Medical Park Drive
Concord, NC 28025
- Submit 2 professional references - To be considered for admission the applicant must submit two professional references using the reference form.
Forms can be sent to us via mail, email or fax.
- Log in to view application status - Please allow 48 hours for your application to be processed. Once the application has been processed by the admissions team, you will receive a welcome email. This will instruct you on how to log into the applicant portal to review application status and checklist for admissions.