Before you get started, we recommend that you attend a virtual information session, campus visit day or schedule a private one-on-one meeting with an admissions coordinator. This is not an admission requirement but is strongly recommended as the best way to learn about Cabarrus College and our academic programs.
For admission into the Master of Science in Nursing program, applicants must meet the general college admission requirements found in the Catalog and also submit:
- Official transcripts from all schools attended (excluding high school), which should include completion of a bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited program
- Evidence of a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in all post-secondary coursework
- A current unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN
- Two (2) professional references on the college Reference Form
- Statistics course (Clinical Leadership Track ONLY)
If you are an Atrium Health Employee or a graduate of Cabarrus College or Carolinas College, fill out our Fast Track Application (NO application fee, NO essay, NO references). You will choose "Fast Track Application" from the drop-down menu. Enter FASTTRACK to waive the application fee.
As a distance education program, it is important for applicants to understand the requirements and characteristics of a successful online student, necessary computer skills, and technology requirements. Therefore, applicants should review the information available under Distance Education in the College catalog and/or website.
We accept applications on a rolling basis until programs are full, with priority given to applications received by:
- January 1: for fall enrollment.
- October 1: for spring enrollment.