Before you get started, we recommend that you attend a virtual information session, campus visit day or schedule a private one-on-one meeting with an admissions coordinator. This is not an admission requirement but is strongly recommended as the best way to learn about Cabarrus College and our academic programs.
For admission into the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN) program, applicants must meet the general college admission requirements found in the Catalog and submit:
- Official transcripts from all schools attended (excluding high school) which should include evidence of Associate of Science Degree or Diploma in Nursing (RN), with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 in all post-secondary coursework.
- A current unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in North Carolina, or compact license before enrolling in classes.
- Applicants enrolled in or currently graduating from an associate degree nursing program must provide two (2) professional references on the college reference form from current nursing faculty.
- Nurses who are currently employed with an unencumbered license must provide two (2) professional references on college reference form from a supervisor, co-worker or recent instructor.
- As a distance education program, it is important for applicants to understand the requirements and characteristics of a successful online student, necessary computer skills, and technology requirements. Therefore, applicants should review the information available under Distance Education in the College catalog and/or website.
- Your application will not be reviewed until all application requirements have been received.
- Science courses must be taken within the past five years to qualify for transfer credit.
We accept applications on a rolling basis until programs are full, with priority given to applications received by:
- January 1: for fall enrollment.
- October 1: for spring enrollment.
If you are an Atrium Health Employees, or graduate of Cabarrus College or Carolinas College, fill out our Fast Track Application (NO application fee, NO essay, NO references). You will choose "Fast Track Application" from the drop down menu. Enter FASTTRACK to waive the application fee.
Atrium Health Educational Loan Forgiveness Program
For students committed to working in critical need positions at Atrium Health after graduation. Loan forgiveness may be available at the discretion of Atrium Health.
- $5,000 and $10,000 loans available depending on program
- Learn more at FinancialAid@CabarrusCollege.edu or 704-403-3507
North Carolina Forgivable Education Loans for Service (FELS)
For students who are North Carolina residents and committed to working in critical employment shortage professions in North Carolina.
- Full-time students eligible for $3,000 to $10,000 loan, depending on program.
- Learn more: cfnc.org/FELS
Please be aware that only complete applications will be processed. The instructions below will help you to submit a complete application.
- Apply - Apply online. Within the online application, two essays will need to be completed. One essay should provide a clear and concise explanation of your interest in Cabarrus College and your career in healthcare, and one should assess your level of critical thinking.
Nonrefundable Application Fee: $50
If you are an Atrium Health Employee, or graduate of Cabarrus College or Carolinas College, fill out our Fast Track Application (NO application fee, NO essay, NO references). You will choose "Fast Track Applicatoin" from the drop down menu. Enter FASTTRACK to waive the application fee.
Send your transcripts - To complete your admission file, we require official transcripts from all colleges you have previously attended. Official transcripts can be sent via mail or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATTN: Office of Admissions
Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
401 Medical Park Drive
Concord, NC 28025
Submit 2 professional references - To be considered for admission the applicant must submit two professional references using the reference form.
Forms can be sent to us via mail, email or fax.
Submit current, active registry or registered nursing license - A copy of your RN License can be sent via mail, email or fax.
Log in to view application status - Please allow 48 hours for your application to be processed. Once the application has been processed by the admissions team, you will receive a welcome email. This will instruct you on how to log into the applicant portal to review application status and checklist for admissions.