Before you get started, we recommend that you attend a virtual information session, campus visit day or schedule a private one-on-one meeting with an admissions coordinator. This is not an admission requirement but is strongly recommended as the best way to learn about Cabarrus College and our academic programs.
For admission into the Bachelor of Science in Community Health and Wellness program, applicants must meet the general college admissions requirements which include application, application fee, SAT/ACT scores, and submit:
- Official transcripts from all high school and/or post-secondary institutions attended showing evidence of high school or college level Algebra, Geometry, Biology, or Chemistry coursework.
- References (using the college Reference Form) from two persons who can attest to the applicant’s professional or academic ability. One must be from either a current supervisor or a prior faculty member.
- Essays that provide a clear and concise explanation of the applicant’s interest in Cabarrus College and health sciences and evaluates their ability to write and think critically.
We accept applications on a rolling basis until programs are full. Priority is given to applications received by February 1 for fall semester and by October 1 for spring semester.
Please be aware that only complete applications will be processed. The instructions below will help you to submit a complete application.
- Apply - Apply online. Within the online application, two essays will need to be completed: One essay should provide a clear and concise explanation of your interest in Cabarrus College, and your career in healthcare. The other essay will assess your level of critical thinking.
Nonrefundable Application Fee: $50
- Send your transcripts - To complete your admission file, we require official transcripts from all colleges you have previously attended. Official transcripts can be sent via mail or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATTN: Office of Admissions
Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
401 Medical Park Drive
Concord, NC 28025
- Send official documentation - Send official documentation of standardized test scores (SAT or ACT) to email@example.com. Minimum requirements: SAT - 430 Reading, 380 Math; ACT - 18 composite.
- Submit two professional references - Submit two professional references using the reference form, from two persons who can attest to the applicant's professional or academic ability. One must be from either a current supervisor or a prior faculty member. Forms can be sent to us via mail (401 Medical Park Drive, Concord, NC 28025), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (704-403-2077).
- Log in to view application status - Please allow 48 hours for your application to be processed. Once the application has been processed by the admissions team, the applicant will receive a welcome email. This will instruct the applicant on how to log into the applicant portal to review the application status and checklist for admissions.