Before you get started, we recommend that you attend a virtual information session, campus visit day or schedule a private one-on-one meeting with an admissions coordinator. This is not an admission requirement but is strongly recommended as the best way to learn about Cabarrus College and our academic programs.
For admission into the Associate of Science Degree Nursing (ADN) program, applicants must meet the general college admission requirements found in the Catalog and submit:
Official transcript showing evidence of successful completion of the following high school or college level courses with a grade of “C” (2.0) or higher:
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- Standardized test scores on the SAT or ACT:
- Minimum SAT critical reading score of 480 and minimum SAT math score of 440
- Minimum ACT composite score of 21
- *SAT/ACT scores waived for those with an associate or bachelor's degree earned in the U.S.
- Two (2) Professional References on college Reference Form from an immediate supervisor, teacher or professor.
- Evidence of completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide I course within the last 14 months; or be on the current North Carolina NA-I registry prior to beginning the first nursing course. View a list of state-approved programs.
Please note: Your application will not be reviewed until all application requirements have been received. Science courses must have been taken within the past five years to qualify for transfer credit.
We accept applications on a rolling basis until programs are full, with priority given to applications received by:
- January 1: for fall enrollment.
- October 1: for spring enrollment.
Atrium Health Forgivable Loan
For students committed to working in critical need positions at Atrium Health after graduation. Loan forgiveness may be available at the discretion of Atrium Health.
- $5,000 and $10,000 loans are available depending on the program
North Carolina Forgivable Education Loans for Service (FELS)
For students who are North Carolina residents and committed to working in critical employment shortage professions in North Carolina.
- Full-time students eligible for $3,000 to $10,000 loan, depending on program.
Learn more about the North Carolina FELS
- Apply - Apply online. Within the online application, one essay will need to be completed: The essay should provide a clear and concise explanation of your interest in Cabarrus College and your career in healthcare and should assess your level of critical thinking.
Nonrefundable Application Fee: $50
- Send your transcripts and test scores - To complete your admission file, we require official transcripts from all high schools and colleges previously attended, as well as your standardized test scores.
Official transcripts and SAT/ACT test scores can be sent via mail or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATTN: Office of Admissions
Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
401 Medical Park Drive
Concord, NC 28025
- Submit 2 professional references - Submit two professional references using the Reference Form.
Forms can be sent to us via mail, email or fax.
- Log in to view the application status - Please allow 48 hours for your application to be processed. Once the application has been processed by the admissions team, the applicant will receive a welcome email. This will instruct you on how to log into the applicant portal to review the application status and checklist for admissions.