Before you get started, we recommend that you attend a virtual information session, campus visit day or schedule a private one-on-one meeting with an admissions coordinator. This is not an admission requirement but is strongly recommended as the best way to learn about Cabarrus College and our academic programs.
For admission into the traditional four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, applicants must meet the general college admission requirements found in the Catalog and submit:
- Official transcripts from high school and all post-secondary institutions.
- ACT composite score of 21 or an SAT Critical Reading score of 480 and SAT Math score of 440
- High School or college level: Algebra I (Math I), Algebra II (Math II), Geometry (Math III), Biology, & Chemistry with a grade of C or better
- References attesting to professional and academic ability.
- Evidence of completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide I course within the last 14 months; or be on the current North Carolina NA-I registry prior to beginning the first nursing course. View a list of state-approved programs.
For Transfer Students
- May transfer up to 48 credit hours.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 is required.
- May waive ACT/SAT requirement (from above), if ALL of the following conditions are met:
- Must have two (2) of the following courses: General Biology with lab, Anatomy & Physiology I with a lab, Anatomy & Physiology II with a lab, or Microbiology with a lab, and;
- Must have 1 math course equivalent to MAT171 (Pre-Calculus Algebra) or MAT201 (Introductory Statistics), and;
- Must have Introduction to Psychology, and;
- Each course must be documented on an official transcript with a minimum grade of “C”, and;
- Each course must be from an accredited institution, and;
- The cumulative GPA for all four (4) courses transferred (as outlined above) must be a minimum of 3.0.
We accept applications on a rolling basis until programs are full, with priority given to applications received by:
- January 1: for fall enrollment.
- October 1: for spring enrollment.
Atrium Health Forgivable Loan
For students committed to working in critical need positions at Atrium Health after graduation. Loan forgiveness may be available at the discretion of Atrium Health.
- Up to $10,000 loans available depending on program
North Carolina Forgivable Education Loans for Service (FELS)
For students who are North Carolina residents and committed to working in critical employment shortage professions in North Carolina.
- Full-time students are eligible for $3,000 to $7,000 loan, depending on their level in the program.
Learn more about the North Carolina FELS
Please be aware that only completed applications will be processed. The instructions below will help you to submit a complete application.
- Apply - Apply online.
Nonrefundable Application Fee: $50
- Send your transcripts - To complete your admission file, we require official transcripts from all high schools and colleges previously attended, as well as your standardized test scores. Official transcripts and SAT/ACT test scores can be sent via mail or electronically to email@example.com.
ATTN: Office of Admissions
Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
401 Medical Park Drive
Concord, NC 28025
Submit 2 professional references - Submit two professional references using the Reference Form. Forms can be sent to us via mail, email or fax.
- Log in to view the application status - Please allow 48 hours for your application to be processed. Once the application has been processed by the admissions team, you will receive a welcome email. This will instruct you on how to log into the applicant portal to review application status and checklist for admissions.