Before you get started, we recommend that you attend a virtual information session, campus visit day or schedule a private one-on-one meeting with an admissions coordinator. This is not an admission requirement but is strongly recommended as the best way to learn about Cabarrus College and our academic programs.
For admission into the traditional four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, applicants must meet the general college admission requirements found in the Catalog and submit:
- Official transcripts from high school and all post-secondary institutions.
- ACT composite score of 21 or an SAT Critical Reading score of 480 and SAT Math score of 440
- High School or college level: Algebra I (Math I), Algebra II (Math II), Geometry (Math III), Biology, & Chemistry with a grade of C or better
- Essay: Prompt related to critical thinking and prompt related to “why I want to become a registered nurse”
- References attesting to professional and academic ability
Priority Application Deadlines
We accept applications on a rolling basis until programs are full. Priority is given to applications received by February 1 for fall semester and by October 1 for spring semester.
Atrium Health Forgivable Loan
For students committed to working in critical need positions at Atrium Health after graduation. Loan forgiveness may be available at the discretion of Atrium Health.
- Up to $10,000 loans available depending on program
Contact FinancialAid@CabarrusCollege.edu or 704-403-3507 for more information.
North Carolina Forgivable Education Loans for Service (FELS)
For students who are North Carolina residents and committed to working in critical employment shortage professions in North Carolina.
- Full-time students are eligible for $3,000 to $7,000 loan, depending on their level in the program.
Learn more about the North Carolina FELS
Please be aware that only completed applications will be processed. The instructions below will help you to submit a complete application.
- Apply - Apply online. Within the online application, two essays will need to be completed. The essays should provide a clear and concise explanation of your interest in Cabarrus College and your career in healthcare, and one should assess your level of critical thinking.
Nonrefundable Application Fee: $50
- Send your transcripts - To complete your admission file, we require official transcripts from all high schools and colleges previously attended, as well as your standardized test scores. Official transcripts and SAT/ACT test scores can be sent via mail or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATTN: Office of Admissions
Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
401 Medical Park Drive
Concord, NC 28025
Submit 2 professional references - Submit two professional references using the Reference Form. Forms can be sent to us via mail, email or fax.
- Log in to view the application status - Please allow 48 hours for your application to be processed. Once the application has been processed by the admissions team, you will receive a welcome email. This will instruct you on how to log into the applicant portal to review application status and checklist for admissions.